• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 Deuce, BMT, TX/ story on it?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! Glad to be here.

The CCKW is going to become an SCR-399 radio truck.

I also have a Chevy G-7105 1.5 ton that will be an SCR-299 radio truck and a 1945 Willys that will be configured as an AN/VRC-1 forward air control "Rover Joe" jeep.

For fun I have a Cushman 53 Airborne scooter with the M34A hand cart/trailer.

Steve
Hi Steve, I was guessing the CCKW was yours. This is Franz, remember me from Brent's, I have the SCR399 here in the Houston area. I got hooked on this site a while back and suffice it to say the folks on here have got me more sidetracked than ever. I have several parts CCKWs if you need any frame parts.

B460FA

Hello Franz! Good to hear from you again. I do work for Entergy and work has certainly been getting in the way of doing anything with the CCKW. :-(
I have acquired an HO-17 shelter since we met and some of the furniture to go inside. I did drive the truck across town to where it is but could not get it to drive in 3rd or higher gear without the clutch chattering and getting hot? However, it looks like I have hit the jackpot on resources here!

Attachments

mgtrooper

Steveo! How are ya Airborne. I liked the chain comment most. I must admit it looks like you are trying to keep a Jack Russel at home. Nice touch. I got your commo infor also.

Steve

pvtjorge

Hello Steve

Ken Smith here from Silsbee

Drove my M38 in Beaumont Crusin a couple times. I don't see many MV's on the road around here.
I know there must be more around though.
If they would all make themselves known we might could get our own car show and crusin going. Or maybe a rally and even a convoy some weekend.

Last edited:

Darwin T

OK folks, the mystery is over, it's my deuce. I found the note in the cab.
hi steve,
sorry about opening your truck. :oops: i only opened it through the note in and closed it. i don't like people thinking that they can just open my truck and make themselves at home when i am not around. however, i think i was the closest one who read the post and could go see it, and wanted you to come onboard. i talked to a guy at the fire museum about it and did not know anything but it had been there awhile. i started to go to the entergy building but did not know who to ask or where to start.

that being said "Welcome to Steel Soldiers!!" :beer:

you have a great looking truck and i am glad to see you have plans for it. i am going to recover my new (to me) M1031 in about a week.

sorry again and good to have you here.
kevin

mgtrooper

Steve,

Here are the photos of my duce. I just got the stars on it this week and the 173 AB this morning. There is also a pic of my 1953 M38A1 with my newly instaled VRC 524 WORKING!
The duce dose not look the same without 15 or 20 paratroopers in it.
The cammo version is when I picked it up this winter.

Steve #2 of 3
IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Copy (2) of IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

B460FA

Port Arthur Kevin, NOT a problem. Nobody has molested it as long as it's been there (> 1 year). It's in plain view from the Entergy building and folks have told me they have seen family's stop and pose for photos on it. THANKS for bringing my attention to the discussion.
Silsbee Ken, you and Kevin and I need to go have coffee or meet at the deuce sometime so I can solicit some advice! Just call the Entergy main # 981-2000 and ask for me.
My sweetheart and I drove to our ham radio club tailgate sale this morning in the MB and they already have it posted on the website. W 5 S S V

Bozeman Steve, your avatar IS cool but Boogie Baby does not look the same. They installed the Rebbecca beacon antennas and covered up the name!

Beaumont Steve

Attachments

Darwin T

it in the shop getting some work done. should be on the road before long. its parked right next to mine. i should be there this afternoon after work. i will take a picture.

Last edited:

B460FA

Like Kevin said...it's in a better place now!
New clutch, seals replaced, starter fixed HOOAH! :razz:

Still looking for a CCKW bed for my HO-17 radio shelter.

Steve

Darwin T

it's in a better place? that does not sound good ever though it is a good thing. ya'll doing breakfast sat 0800? my daughter has SAT test saturday and if the time is right i may drop by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks