• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 Ford F15A Cab 13

CMP Nut

This is one of my rides. Originally built here in Windsor Ontario it last saw use as a snow plow for a garage up north. Having been abandoned it was brought back to life after 18 months of work. It is powered by the favorite of hot rodders, the legendary Ford V8 flathead. It is right hand drive as designed from British specs. Selective 4 wheel drive with a standard 4 speed trany. With the gas pedal between the clutch and brake it is actually more comfortable to drive with this configuration. With a short wheel base of 101 inches it looks more like a toy when parked on the road. Yes it is a head-turner and is only one of two on the road in Windsor. For those of you in Michigan, I plan on attending a few meets in the Spring and Summer...see you then.

cheers

Mike

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Great job of bringing it back to life, thank you for saving a piece of history. I have always loved the look of CMP cabs, but not much luck finding one down here in Kansas. Please start an album in you profile of this and you other Mv's.

CMP Nut

Ford Burma Jeep Question

Hi Southdave,

I believe the Ford Burma jeep had a 6 cylinder vice the V8 of the CMP...without stepping in it I would nt be able to say any more than that...I am not very familiar with the Burma Jeep.

cheers

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love these things! When you first signed up I was going to ask you to post pics of this truck and you beat me to the punch.

Are regular service parts (Belts, bearings, brake shoes, etc.) difficult to find?

CMP Nut

CMP Parts

Your question about parts. Interestingly the CMP was designed before the war and utilized off the shelf civilian parts. Many of the common drive line and chassis parts are commercial vehicle parts from the late 30s and very early 40s. The flathead V8 of course is still reliable and parts are available as hot rodders will attest to. So, in a nutshell, yes parts are available. One just has to do some research.

cheers

Mike