• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 indian 741 joins the family

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is gonna turn out as sweet as your deuce did. You do good work my friend! Were you able to see any of the original paint under the black?
I found original WW2 lusterless under the black paint in several spots including the tanks, frame and seat brackets.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
finished the restoration....

Hey gang,

Just to clearify, the serial numbers show it's a 1941 so my original post isn't exactly correct!

I just finished installing the re-upholstered seat, fired her up and took her for a spin up and down the street. It's a crappy day today (cloudy and sprinkles) but I had to snap a few pics to show her off. I'm very happy with the resto. I have a bit of touch-up but from 5 feet you can't tell:) Enjoy the pics.

I'll post a new youtube video of starting it and driving it...when the weather cooperates.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice, I wish I had one!

M920

Man, what a sweet ride.... You did a very nice job on the restoration!

Wish I had a military bike....:drool:

m880 unimog

sweet score,like the video-run a chief meself-i like to let the revs drop way down before selecting,stops any grinding.
where did you find this bike?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
went to a local motorcycle/car show

me and my buddy 5TonLarry went to a local bike/car show. It was mostly harley bikes so imagine the looks when they found out it's an Indian....LOL...loved it...

Attachments

Scrounge41

I have an older mentor who will be 95 in November. When he went in '42 to go to join the war effort he left his Indian with a friend. After glider landing in France, a pack artillery mule outfit in the Italian Alps, and a Studebaker weasel amphibious assault in the Aleutian islands he returned home to Bucks County Pa. to find his friend and bike were gone. He still wonders what happened to the bike.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks