• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 M43 Ambulance.My newest addition to the family

Blueduce

Fellas,

Sorry, I posted this thread without thinking. It was late last night and I just realized I put this thread under the incorrect Forum. Please excuse my tiredness and excitement.

I thought you fellas might like to see the newest addition to my growing family of green. She is a 1951 M43 Ambulance. This is my second MV so I figure I am now past therapy, medication, or council care for my addition. She joined the family this evening and can't wait to get her home. The garage has already filling up with Deuce parts for my 1972 M35a2c so I guess the spare bedroom will be sacrificed for M43 parts and manuals.

I don't have a lot of info on her as of yet. I bought her from a fellow MVCNYX club member here in TX. I brought along a local WWII MV expert and after a through look gave me the thumbs up. As you can see the ambulance compartment is in excellent condition and 90% accounted for. She came with several litters and all the parts for the rear heater. All interior and exterior lights are present and accounted for. Except for an acceptable amount of surface rust in the usual places for a 43 the body is clean and straight. The cab is clean and looking good except for a small rust through in the passengers floor pan. Most of the little pieces and parts are there so this should be a fairly straight forward build. (Or so I hope) She will run with a few batteries and some clean fuel. The running gear is solid with minor PM needed. The breaks are soft but functional.
The engine compartment is clean with the original flat head six in place. No one has a clue what happened to the winch but that decision will be made further down the road. The only major issue we saw is the birds nest of an electrical system. She's going to need a new harness.

Enjoy.

I will be bringing her home in the next week so more picks to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

61sleepercab

Good luck with you 60 year old new toy. Our local fire department had a Dodge Power wagon truck which ran forever . Remember go slowwwwww , speed is death on old stuff and you have narrow little brake shoes on a heavy piece of iron so stopping is not the long suit of these trucks. Have fun. Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks