• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 Reo M48-New Toy

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well just got back from buying the newest addition to the garage. Bring it home in a couple weeks.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has sat there for over 20 years. I think the bed mounts fooled everyone. Only reason I caught it was the frame rail seemed short behind the tires and was angled.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's going to be hard to find certain parts for (i.e. data plates). Did this use a standard fifth wheel, that perhaps you can pull off a standard M275 tractor?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They use the same fifth wheel plate, All the data plates are there. Somewhere I have seen a M48 new data plate. Maybe it was Antelope when I was there. Already working on new gasser sheetmetal. I see a long road ahead on this resto.

rdixiemiller

I have a gasser left front fender on my parts truck. Not sure if it is better or worse than yours, but you are welcome to it. Also have a replacement cab on the parts truck, you may want to look at that as well.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the offer. please pm a number I can call. will be TDY till thurs. thanks again. :wink:

nattieleather

Yep that's not a turn signal lever that is an air brake handle for the trailer. As soon as I saw that with out going to the rest of the pics I said he has a tracktor...then I saw the frame and it confirmed it.

Please keep us posted with your restoration I'd love to see a Gasser 5th wheeler!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's going to be hard to find certain parts for (i.e. data plates). Did this use a standard fifth wheel, that perhaps you can pull off a standard M275 tractor?
After 3 years I finally acquired a NOS data plate for the M48 (actually the last 5). Guess Maddawg was right it was hard to find (thanks MACCUS & JATONKA). It's finally coming together! :beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a pic? There are certainly more M48 data plates than M48s.
I just ordered them yesterday, not here yet. Your statement is exactly why I got all 5, there's very few (one so far) M48's out there. I still haven't found another (except for the one in MT that was cut up), I will gladly give one to anyone with a M48 but it would be too easy to cut a gasser M35 and throw a M48 plate in it. Oh, and they are w/w Reo's. Just my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks