• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 Deuce Manufacturer?

randyman

I'm new to the site so this might seem like a simple question but how do you tell who the manufacturer is of a 1952 m35 serial number M27098? I remember seeing or reading somewhere that Reo made them that year but I also remember something about them contracting out to other manufacturers. I'm getting ready to apply for an SF-97 so I want to try to get everything right. Any help would be appreciated.

Barrman

My 1952 M35 and my 1953 M35 are both made by REO. Studebaker also made them at that time. I do not know if any others were involved then.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: 1952 Deuce Manufacturer?

tmbrwolf said:
It's a REO, the Studebaker serial's were all numbers, the REO's serial started with "M"
Incorrect, my 1953 Studebaker M108 has the serial number M30708. Data plate is original and matches the frame.

tmbrwolf

RE: Re: RE: 1952 Deuce Manufacturer?

OOPS I got that backwards!!!! stude's started with M, REO's just numbers. Make a mistake and it's bound to get corrected! Thanks guys for keeping an old guy honest!

randyman

RE: Re: RE: 1952 Deuce Manufacturer?

So I guess I've got a Studebaker. I knew I'd eventually get the answer here. The next best thing to knowing the answer is knowing where to get it. Thanks everyone.