• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M100 Military Trailer - Need Rim

ChasM100

Picked up a 1952 M100 trailer from a garage sale for $200. So far, I bought two new 700 x 16 military tires for it. But, I would like to buy a third rim for a spare. Anyone know of any places where I can purchase a used rim?

This is not the best picture of the trailer. But, I used it to pick up the new tires for my jeep and it pulls so good, I almost forgot I was pulling it down the freeway.

1.jpg

JFMickey_D

I have two original wheels sitting in storage. If you can figure out a way to get them from Orem, UT to you they're yours for the cost of shipping. They still have NDT tires on them, but they're almost as old as me. They're shot. But the wheels are yours if you want them.

PM me for info.

ChasM100

Sent you a PM.

I have two original wheels sitting in storage. If you can figure out a way to get them from Orem, UT to you they're yours for the cost of shipping. They still have NDT tires on them, but they're almost as old as me. They're shot. But the wheels are yours if you want them.

PM me for info.

123mack

The M416 rims match the M151 which is hub centering. The rims for the M100 trailer are the same as for a M38 and M38a1 jeep. As for the color, they came from the factory olive drab.

quickfarms

The back spacing on the M416 rim is not the same as the m101.

I am converting a M416 to M101 or M38a1 rims so I need three of them but all of the ones I have found have the holes eggged out

ChasM100

The lug nuts on the M100 were rusted. Used some liquid Wrench and I was able to pull them off. One of the rims were way over tighten and a couple of the holes are oblong. Looks like couple of the nuts could pull thru... Not good... Also, I jumped the gun and have already bought two new tires from coker prior to me joining this forum...

The back spacing on the M416 rim is not the same as the m101.

I am converting a M416 to M101 or M38a1 rims so I need three of them but all of the ones I have found have the holes eggged out

Last edited:

Pawnshop

RESTORE IT! Restored to it's original military glory that little guy will still work just fine behind your CJ! The price on military "jeep" trailers is going through the roof due in no small part to off-roaders making expedition trailers out of them, and there is usually less than 20% of the original trailer left when they are done:( Scratch build an expedition trailer and leave the factory ones alone!

combat32

I agree with Pawnshop, I'd hate to see a good restorable M100 get cut up, I wish mine looked that good, been tryin to piece mine back topgether for a while.

chevyCUCV

Looks like a jk to me.

My family has a 2010 lifter 3 inches with rubicon wheels/ mud terrains.
Im keeping my eyes open for a trailer like that just for it.

Nice buy and i would keep it original, but whatever works is important.

Pawnshop

TJ, JK, YJ... all sub categories of CJ (Civilian Jeep).

I bought my M416 from a guy who used it, in it's stock form, with his CJ for many years. Much to his wife's disgust he never even painted it! This is the way it looked when I got it from him:

Attachments

Amer-team

Do you have any pictures of any other markings on this trailer? I was wondering from the blue is this wasn't some Air Force variation trailer. Any of the 16 inch jeep rims will fit this trailer, but the M38 or M38A1 would be most proper. Nice looking M100.