• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 m135 first MV project

greentowtruck

Well I finially got to go see the 135 I did some trading for. It is the first time I have seen it in almost 20 years. I got it from a friend of my dad. I was able to haul home all of the parts that were not still bolted to the truck.

I am planning on heading back over by the end of summer to bring the truck home.

DSCF0535.jpgDSCF0529.jpgDSCF0528.jpgDSCF0537.jpgDSCF0538.jpgDSCF0536.jpg

I currently have at home both front fenders, hood, grille and radiator assy, and both fender filler panels.

the engine is junk, lots of flakey rust on the cylinder walls etc..... the transmission is still in it.

I will probably be doing a "hot rod" deuce, I have a couple engine and transmission sets here that I can make fit.

will post more pics etc as the project gets underway.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking for Jerseyhick's Deuce rod but there are re-engine links in this thread on or about post #69 gigity ... for a start.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?100212-My-M135-Quad-cab/page7

Welcome to Steel Soldiers and thanks for choosing an Early Deuce. We need more of them rodded out and on the street to keep the interest alive.

Here's hoping for a successful build :beer:

greentowtruck

Well I dont think I will be going that extreme of hot rod, the truck will remain mostly stock with the addition of a slightly more modern power train. I am planning on a 7.3 IDI engine with an ATS turbo, 5 speed, and a cut down transfercase to keep low range available. I am a marine mechanic and fabricator by trade, have done several engine swaps on cars and trucks, this one is just a little bigger and heavier than the rest.

I will probably be rewiring the entire truck as the mice etc.. have destroyed the wires

I already have a set of 12.00 x 20 xml tires on wheels to put on it.

The nicest thing about this truck is that it has very little rust.

I do like the crew cab build in one of those links.

dmetalmiki

That is going to be one great job of restoration. All the best to you in your endeavors. Looking forward to progress pictures, (and a Video of the first drive!)..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks