• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M35 Gasser - MIRRORS Needed

jmoylan69

Ok gang, I hate to do it, but i've tried the search tool, tried to look for mirrors but couldnt find them. the 1952 M35 gasser im getting doesnt have any mirrors. I have looked at the other pics and its NOT like the "truckers" style mirrors. its more like the single post style.

anyone that can get me a pic of the old style mounts, possible dimensions etc that i can use to match up ... OR if I can go to a parts house like oreilly or napa and get a universal to mount up that would BE FANTASTIC!!!

tm america

There were about 4 different type mirrors used on the deuce.. two different ones that used round mirrors with mounting points on the door hinges or side of the cab.The elephant ear type that mounted to the windshield hinge.And the other is the west coast which uses the bigger mirror and mounts to the door hinges and side of the cab...The two most common are the elephant ear type and west coast.. A 1952 would most likely have the round type originally. I have a set of the west coasts i took off my truck cuz they get beat up bigtime when offroading.I have the elephant ear type now and love them.. They can be folded in and still be used or left wide for most driving.. There are two different types of the elephant ear mounts one that just goes off the window mount and one that has another tube running down to the door hinge....I doupt you'll find any mounts that will work for you at the auto parts stores.. but i'm sure someone has a set laying around that would give them up cheap

These are the mirrors on my '54 truck. It's a multifuel now, but it still has relics of the old style stuff such as the square inner fenders, lack of hole for turboed exhaust, mirrors, etc. These might be what you're looking for (minus the addition of the convex clamp on mirrors).

Attachments

jmoylan69

These are the mirrors on my '54 truck. It's a multifuel now, but it still has relics of the old style stuff such as the square inner fenders, lack of hole for turboed exhaust, mirrors, etc. These might be what you're looking for (minus the addition of the convex clamp on mirrors).

Now those mirrors are what I need. but what does a close up look like I wonder of the mount itself?

JDToumanian

Here's the older round mirrors on the single telescoping arms.... This is what your truck would have had when new in 1952. At Tower Park I found NOS round mirrors and the telescoping arms for my 1952 V-18A/MTQ.... They're not that rare because a lot of different WWII-era vehicles used them.

Jon

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, that's a tiny mirror for a big truck! Bet it vibrates like crazy going down the road.

txdodge43man

the single arm mirrors use the same mounting bracket and arm as the Gama goat and the some of the CCKW. the double telescoping arm mirrors id what you see mostly in Vietnam photos.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of these single post rectangular mirrors, new.

Will sell both for $40 including shipping.

Can call Orren Winjum 386-658-3539.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jmoylan69;815239....... anyone that can get me a pic of the old style mounts said:
These are the very early style brackets, single post & later double post.
I have plenty of them and you can have a pair for FREE but you pay DHL.... :)

Let me know if I can help with any dimensions, at least.

G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks