• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 m37

pwrwagonfire

Am I correct in saying that Warn M13 hubs would fit this truck? I bought a set of these when I got a chance as they are so hard to find. Only problem I have is the studs on the hub being too short. Are these replaceable?

Thanks

m376x6

Won't work at all. Please box them up and send them to me. Great find. They are getting rare as far as the originals are concerned. I've seen where there are a couple of folks making new sets. One which is so good apparently the parts are interchangeable with original Warns. If I didn't already have a set or two spares of new Selectro's I'd jump on a couple of sets. As far as mounting your hubs you'll find 7/16 bolts to be your best bet. The studs in the Dodges are stepped from 7/16 down to 3/8 and would be a trick to find longer ones. I have all the lengths down at the shop from when I use to manufacture Hub Guards for the Dodges. To remove the studs simply use two nuts and thread them on and tighten them against themselves. Then use them to back the stud out. Clean out the holes with a can of cleaner of some sort and if you have them available run a bottom tap through the threads. Run a smaller bolt into the hole and then measure the depth. Shorten the length by a 1/4 of an inch and get 12 grade 5 or 8 ( number of lines stamped on the head of the bolt)hex head bolts long enough to include the thickness of your Warns base and a lockwasher plus the hole depth. I have run into a problem where the bolts have loosened up on me over time. But we run the trucks hard since we usually end up elk and deer hunting between 4 and 6 states each year. I use a little thread locker on each bolt but the holes in the hub must be fairly clean. Don't use the permanent type or you're headed for major problems down the line. If you need specifics as far as threads per inch or any other help PM me.

Regards,
M376X6

Oh, the Warns should have 16 shaft splines by 1 3/8 diameter with 6 holes for mounting. If you need the mounting hole diameter let me know.

Last edited:

pwrwagonfire

Won't work at all. Please box them up and send them to me. Great find. They are getting rare as far as the originals are concerned. I've seen where there are a couple of folks making new sets. One which is so good apparently the parts are interchangeable with original Warns. If I didn't already have a set or two spares of new Selectro's I'd jump on a couple of sets. As far as mounting your hubs you'll find 7/16 bolts to be your best bet. The studs in the Dodges are stepped from 7/16 down to 3/8 and would be a trick to find longer ones. I have all the lengths down at the shop from when I use to manufacture Hub Guards for the Dodges. To remove the studs simply use two nuts and thread them on and tighten them against themselves. Then use them to back the stud out. Clean out the holes with a can of cleaner of some sort and if you have them available run a bottom tap through the threads. Run a smaller bolt into the hole and then measure the depth. Shorten the length by a 1/4 of an inch and get 12 grade 5 or 8 ( number of lines stamped on the head of the bolt)hex head bolts long enough to include the thickness of your Warns base and a lockwasher plus the hole depth. I have run into a problem where the bolts have loosened up on me over time. But we run the trucks hard since we usually end up elk and deer hunting between 4 and 6 states each year. I use a little thread locker on each bolt but the holes in the hub must be fairly clean. Don't use the permanent type or you're headed for major problems down the line. If you need specifics as far as threads per inch or any other help PM me.

Regards,
M376X6

Oh, the Warns should have 16 shaft splines by 1 3/8 diameter with 6 holes for mounting. If you need the mounting hole diameter let me know.

Thank you so much! This is the exact info I've been searching for. If I run into any problems I will definitely PM, I really appreciate it. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks