• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 reo 2 1/2 ton vin number location

treeman

I have just purchaced a 1952? reo 2 1/2 TON 6x6 M35 with a gas engine and the vin tag on the dash has been removed. Is there any other location on the chassie that I might find these numbers any help would be great

jmoylan69

Stamped into th vertical face of the frame rail between the front axle and the fender.
I looked for it on my 52 gasser and i couldnt find a thing. any chance anyone might have a pic of the location to make sure im looking in the right spot?

Vertical face of the frame rail, between front axle and fender, that's pretty ambiguous.

in front, back, sides etc? I have seen nothing on mine.

jmoylan69

I checked the frame in front of the tire, and behind the tire, inside the frame and outside the frame, no such luck. could it be painted over or is it a very a distinguishable stamping?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked for it on my 52 gasser and i couldnt find a thing. any chance anyone might have a pic of the location to make sure im looking in the right spot?

Vertical face of the frame rail, between front axle and fender, that's pretty ambiguous.

in front, back, sides etc? I have seen nothing on mine.

I think some of the earlier M35 gasser's could have their numbers on the passenger side of the truck. Someone with more knowledge will correct me if this is incorrect.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The early gassers can be on either drivers or pax side, usually around the front spring perch area. If there's alot of paint, you might have to use stripper.

goldneagle

I have a 1958 REO Deuce and I found mine on the drivers side in front of the spring mount. Area closest to the bumper on the frame. It was covered with many layers of paint so you will need to scrape paint to look for it. You and the front tire will become bosom buddies!

jmoylan69

ok you guys are awesome, thanks a million for the pics, now i know at least where to look. is it possible that this truck WONT have a vin? i've heard some WWII vehicles have no vins, just curious if first that is true, and second if it could be that way for a 52 gasser?

zak

My gasser( was, now multi) went through a depot rebuild in 89. Canrac confirmed it was a 53 model ( date also stamped on the axel tubes) Nothing on the Data plate. Is there a way to determine who made it? Gl sp97'd it as a Am General.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My gasser( was, now multi) went through a depot rebuild in 89. Canrac confirmed it was a 53 model ( date also stamped on the axel tubes) Nothing on the Data plate. Is there a way to determine who made it? Gl sp97'd it as a Am General.
It's either a Reo or Stude.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks