• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 Studebaker M35

waayfast

That looks like a very well preserved truck. NICE.

I'm guessing by the lack of "modern, vertical exhaust" it must have the 331 gasser engine?

Enjoy!!

Randy90

Yes it has the 331. Not sure if title and odometer are correct, but shows 5400 box A miles.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! That's a great looking truck. Does it run as good as it looks? Congrats on a nice score.

HDN

Nice find! When I was truck shopping, I was considering a 1952 Curtis-Wright M35, only really because it would probably be the only thing I'd ever own that was built by Curtis-Wright :ROFLMAO: And it would be somewhat a companion to my dad's Korean War-era vehicles.

I'd be interested in seeing a video of it running if it can :)

Randy90

From the title, it looks like it came to Arizona from Colorado in 2006. Its was last registered in Arizona in 2015, but only has 130 miles on it in that time. I have some lube in the cylinder, will try and spin it over in a few day. If it fires I will make a video.

waayfast

You probly already know this but you may want to use a clean (new?) 5 gallon can with fresh GAS to feed the carby from the get go. Eliminates the possibility of sucking bad /contaminated fuel from the gas tank that sounds like it has been sitting for a while.
Old fermented corn syrup (my pet term for ethanol gasoline) spoils pretty quick and further complicates the process of bringing a long sleeping engine back to life. One less problem that could spoil the fun of getting it to run.
Your gonna like the old gasser. My avatar is my 331 powered Utica-Bend. Photos/videos please!

Jim

Reactions: HDN

HDN

You probly already know this but you may want to use a clean (new?) 5 gallon can with fresh GAS to feed the carby from the get go. Eliminates the possibility of sucking bad /contaminated fuel from the gas tank that sounds like it has been sitting for a while.
Old fermented corn syrup (my pet term for ethanol gasoline) spoils pretty quick and further complicates the process of bringing a long sleeping engine back to life. One less problem that could spoil the fun of getting it to run.
My dad ran his halftrack off a 5-gallon can for awhile until he got the primary fuel tank sent out and coated. The little can made it painfully obvious how much gas the White 160AX sucked!:ROFLMAO:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks