• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 xm211 vin location

Canda7414

Hi all, I just got myself a 1952 xm211. I thought I'd save myself some time and ask you all where I can find the vin number on my truck. Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. The VIN will be in two places, on the main data plate to the right of the glove box, and on the right frane rail, above the front axle forward spring perch area.

Canda7414

Thank you guys, I found it. It did not run when I got it a week ago. I put batteries and fresh gas in it and it started right up, which leads me to two new questions. First where would I find an in the tank electric fuel pump for it because at some point somebody took the old one out. The other question is I have heard of people having troubles with their truck shifting at the right speeds and my truck doesn't automatically shift at all. I have a factory looking shift lever on the left side of the shift column that I have four speeds for, I can shift into low range or high range and then I have to start out in first and manually shift up to fourth. Is this a factory installation or...?

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Salmon, Idaho, Yes I need parts. Need some pics of your truck and the shifter. The next step for you is to down load TM's which would answer a lot of your questions.

Need pictures.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are super lucky, your truck has the Memphis Equipment "REB" shift kit installed, it makes the Hydramatic into a powershift style transmission. The stock Hydramatic valve body never seems to shift when you want it to.

Replace the in-tank fuel pump with an aftermarket pump mounted near the tank. The in-tank pump is unavailable.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are super lucky, your truck has the Memphis Equipment "REB" shift kit installed, it makes the Hydramatic into a powershift style transmission. The stock Hydramatic valve body never seems to shift when you want it to.
[thumbzup]

I want one.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always keep a fresh fire extinguisher with you when you're working with gas around the deuce.

I copied this statement from another site and I can't describe the potential hazard with the Holley carb better than this so compliments of RL at MLU.

"""""""occasionally a driver would leave the master switch on, and if the carb needle leaked, you would fill the cylinders, the crankcase, and the muffler with fuel. More than a few mechanics would drain the cylinders, dry the plugs, change the oil, then start the truck and blow the exhaust stack right off the truck."""""

Had a little gas leakage incident in my shop when we were working on the lights with ignition on so be aware of a running fuel pump. Mufflers can go bam too so just a heads up!

I played with one regulator and external 24v 'gas' fuel pump up to 10 psi. but the manual says 3-5lbs and that's what they like. Stan the Man ual also reminds us that the existing fuel line coming out of the tank needs to be modified to be sure an external pump can 'draw' from the tank. I'm telling you what the manual says, that's silly, when some of them are right here....thanks to M1224 and others.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119880-M135-amp-M211-TM-s
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106483-More-M135-TM-s

I haven't seen a TM or description on how to use the REB so maybe someone familiar with it can fill us in on operating procedures.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is a REB shifter. Some love them, others hate them. The only draw back is you can bump it and accidently downshift it. It will downshift from fourth to first and the result is significant damage to the engine/transmission. The benefits are you shift it when you want and you have some engine braking in an emergency. Just don't over rev the engine. I had one and prefer it.
I have successfully rebuilt the carter in tank pumps and will never do it again. Get a good quality upgrade pump and mount it beside the tank. You'll have to plug the pressure bleed back holes on the pickup tube in the tank to maintain suction. That original pump is 1950s technology with brushes. Call Alfa Heaven to get an improved one.

Last edited:

USMC 00-08

Thank you guys, I found it. It did not run when I got it a week ago. I put batteries and fresh gas in it and it started right up.
We need pictures or video....or it didn't happen. :grin:

I would love to have one of the REB shift kits. Sounds like you got a real good truck.

Canda7414

thanks guys. the truck is rough looking (and currently yellow) but runs and drives good. I will get a couple pictures up after clean it up a little and maybe a video of it driving if I can.

yodraino

Hi I just installed a brand new REB kit in my 56 M133 and have the 4 page installation instructions / operating instruction if you want a copy

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi I just installed a brand new REB kit in my 56 M133 and have the 4 page installation instructions / operating instruction if you want a copy
You typed M133..........I know they exist but I've never seen an M133, ever, never, ever never...ever. Tell me you meant M133!

We'd all like to see the inst and op instructions. How was the installation?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much for that.......it's nearly my birthday truck too. Two days off. The M133 is the Canadian version of cab and chassis, single rear wheels. Maybe some more will come out of the woodwork now but your truck is the first one I've seen in 7 years of hunting. Awesome!

As you know we've also been hunting for that REB info too so you've made the day for a lot of folks. Thanks for sharing the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks