• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 XM211

reamos

I'm going to be the proud owner of a 1952 XM211 serial no. 4995 and also looking for tech manuals. this truck has been stored in a storage unit for over 13 years. It's all orignal except for a plastic fuel tank. All the 10 tires on the ground and the spare are like new. Haven't pulled it out yet to see if it run. Waiting for all the paper work to be worked out.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh ya, another gem. Welcome to Steel Soldiers and all the challenges that come with the X in experimental GMC.

If you do a re-build or a restoration on it, start a thread with a title specific and unique to the truck, here in the Early Deuce Forum and get us pictures. (Something like 1952 XM211 454 with a blower, twin turbo and 411 gears)

If you're not planning on starting a build thread then just add your pictures to the "Unofficial G749 picture thread" located in this, the "Early Deuce" forum.

Either way it'll be good to see a barn find, congratulations.

Typically, anything sitting for that long will need lotsa love before firing or driving on public roads. Wouldn't want a plugged rad, mouse nest, dirty old fuel, water in diff, insufficient fluid levels, frayed wires or an old seal ruin your day.

Let us know what we can do to back you up.

Stan Leschert

It's all orignal except for a plastic fuel tank.
Fuel tanks are still available. There are a couple of used tanks not far from you.
IF you can afford the shipping, there is an NOS one near me, but Ralph will only deal with serious guys.
If needed, PM me and I can try to get you in touch with him. Until then, search the threads on M135 and M211.

We have made many mistakes and usually learned the $pendy way.

Paperwork is very important. With a truck this old, there are ways to make it work ... but slowly!

No Title, No Sale. Unless at scrap value, and you are willing to put the work into getting all the paper rebuilt!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"No Title, No Sale. Unless at scrap value"

Stan, you just gave him the best advice ever given here. Scrap yesterday was $165/ton and you have about 6 tons.