• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 Dodge M-37 offroad build expedition build / cummins swap

KAT MAN

hey guys I am looking to do a offroad / expedition build on a 1953 M-37 with a 12v or 24v 5.9 Cummins and I need some guidance from the experienced and wiser people

1. Will either a 12v or 24v fit in the engine compartment?

2. Can I squeeze a NV4500 or NV5600 in?

3. What transfer case should I go with, I was thinking an atlas 2 speed?

4. I was thinking Dana 60 in the front & a Dana 80 in the rear

KAT MAN

I sent him an email but I havent heard a response

Has anyone swapped the M37 body onto a newer frame such as a 1st or 2nd generation dodge 2500 with a cummins?

TGP (IL)

12 Valve 4BT (3.9) will fit fine with a modern trans.

The 12 or 24 valve 6B 5.9 will not without major cutting the firewall
And possibly moving the radiator forward to keep the inside dog house
Out of the seat.

Quite a few 4BT M37's out there.

Tom

Juskatla

Hop over to G741 and search the Build section for a few projects where the body was swapped over to a Dodge chassis. Track is a bit wide and unless you shorten the frame, you will have to extend the box or cab tub. Its all been done before....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks