• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 Gasser dash panel question-What did they look like?

A Seabee

Can anyone post a picture of the Gasser dash/instrument panel? Mines a '53 and the dash in my truck is later, from a newer Deuce

A Seabee

My gasser is a 1957 Utica Bend. Lights converted to 12 volt but guessing the lay out is the same.
Now if I can just find the pics --------------------View attachment 827878View attachment 827879View attachment 827880
Thanks for that. It's what my truck looks like now. I have another instrument panel and the 3 lights are larger, and kind of cup or bowl shaped. trying to figure out if it's the original. I don't have a pic. will post in the morning after I dig it out of the shed

A Seabee

ok, here's what I have. trying to figure out if this is from my Studebaker or off of something else. any input appreciated!
panel itself has same screw spacing as what's on the truck now

TheQuaker

Got a picture of the back of the panel? There looks to be a couple of screws not associated with gauge or light brackets. Curious as to what they are holding in place...at the upper and lower-left positions from the upper-left gauge (can't tell what gauge through the lens...).

Are there marks around the hole where a light bracket would have rubbed?

A Seabee

Got a picture of the back of the panel? There looks to be a couple of screws not associated with gauge or light brackets. Curious as to what they are holding in place...at the upper and lower-left positions from the upper-left gauge (can't tell what gauge through the lens...).

Are there marks around the hole where a light bracket would have rubbed?
No, unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of the back. I sent it with my truck to get some work done and was going to see if the shop could incorporate that panel into the build, if it was the original. I like the look of those pods

HDN

I'm pretty sure gasser army trucks built in the 50s or later shared the same gauge cluster. My dad's M37, M38, and M38A1 have matching clusters, and it looks like gasser M45s and M39s did too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks