• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M135 Rebuild Project.

135gmc

This cork can be hard to find, especially on a Sat night - I glued two layers of 1/8" cork together when I needed some 1/4 " for my wheels. I used some silicone gasket goo for adhesive.

tlmob1

The radiator shop gave me a estimated cost of $100. To clean and seal the inside. I pulled the brake shoes off the left rear axle and about to remove the lower wheel cylinder. Going to see if I can rebuild it and possibly buy 1 or 2 more just to have. Cleaned up the fuel float but still have a ways to go to get it working. Having a blast being around and working on my Duece. I can do a little bit at a time. It's a little bit chilly out in the machine shed.

tlmob1

Pulled both seats out yesterday and took apart the wheel cylinder. The cylinder is in bad shape on the edges and I picked up a rebuild kit. Now I need to start working in the cylinder and see if I can get it put back together.

tlmob1

I'm moving along slowly on my project, The cold temps have slowed me down a little. I found a M135 on display at a VFW in belleview, WI outside of green bay. I'm going to use this a visual aide in my project. Now I'm going to look for a tarp for my new/old trailer. I have to wait for the EUC back ground check to clear before I can pick it up in Sparta, Wi.

tlmob1

Hendersond,
That's awesome. It'll most likely be picked up on a Thursday. Catman wants to come with me. Hopefully we can meet up. I'm hoping that I can put 11.00-20's on this trailer, so it'll match my M135.

tlmob1

I posted a thread on the trailer page. Saying that I wondered if I put 11.00-20's on this trailer, would they fit. I have 13 11.00-20's in my free stall barn that I can use. Could they have put a M105 box on a M104A1 frame? I've tried calling you, but I keep getting your voice mail.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanna say it is a heat shield for the spare tire by the exhaust stack, but I cannot remember how it mounts. can you find it in the TM?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what it's for but if we bolt it on over the muffler we could warm up pizza on it.:grin:

Any idea what the truck had on the back before? I'm still hoping for truck pictures, spring can't come quick enough.

I think it's a sheld to keep grease thrown by the u joint off of the spare tire .When I took the one off my truck it had lots of old grease on it .

tlmob1

I looked at the truck last night and hendersond was right. I found where it bolts to. It bolts to the spare tire arm hindge on the exhaust side. It must be a heat sheild. A million thanks for everyones info. I learned a bunch, should warm up a little so I can get back on track working on my duece and trailer.

tlmob1

Received the NOS carb rebuild kit and a NOS engine oil filter today. A few days ago I received one of my tail lights along with a M135 Muffler that I got from a friend in Michigan. It's just like christmas in April. Needing for the weather to warm up and dry out so I can work on my brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks