• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M37 Water temp guage

captkennyboy

Hi all I replaced the watertemp gauge and sending unit on my 1953 M37. It worked for 10 days perfectly and then just pegged over to the farright. All the other gauges are workingand I swapped the ground wire with the fuel gauge to see if it was the groundand the fuel gauge worked perfectly. Any ideas? Could the sending unitthat was new be faulty? How do I testthe gauge and the sending unit? Thanks forthe help in advance

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know for sure, but you might try disconnecting the wire from the sending unit to the gauge on both the gauge and sending unit ends and test for it being grounded somewhere. With both ends disconnected I do not think you should show it grounded when you check continuity to ground. Maybe also it has lost its coating somewhere and is shorting to an adjacent wire. Can you fashion a test wire from the sending unit to the gauge and see if it works OK then? I have not had this happen, but these are ways I have tested similar problems in the past.
Regards Marty

Thunder in NWOR

Call John at Midwest Military.
He has all the answers for 3/4 ton Dodges.
I have picked his brain and have purchased a lot of stuff over the years from him.
Most often has the answer.
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks