• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M38A1

65falcon

It is a 1953 the round area is where the slave cable connection goes if jump start was needed.The fresh air vent for the deep water fording kit would go where you see the U cut out on the side of the hood in the same picture. The master cylinder is under the floor.

gwalker

Although it looks a bit faded its good you have the complete top, the bows and door frames are expensive enough but add the complete canvas and your are looking at upwards of a couple thousand if it was all missing. Is it still 24v? I notice the front black out lights are replaced w/ typical civ parking lights.

Mike_Pop

I have a nice M38A1 also! Mine is a combination of three Jeeps: a 1952, another 1952, and a 1953. I took the best body parts which are all very much rust free. I even have the hard to find Arctic top! Now if I can only find doors...

Restoration has begun but not much money to put towards it.

Attachments

65falcon

My dad bought this jeep in the early to mid 70s the jeep was complete when he bought it That might actually be the top he got with it or I know bought shortly there after. He used the jeep for hunting and camping for many years. It has always been garage kept which now I keep it under a metal carport that is one reason I guess the top and sides have lasted as long as they have although they are fading . He also has an M100 trailer that goes with it but it is at my Mothers house.Didnt have room to store it and it wasnt hurting anything where it was. The jeep is still 24 volts and I still have the black out marker lenses that were on it originally. He was gonna put blinkers on it but didnt finish. Mike_ Pop that is a good looking jeep and a great { rare} find on the hard top dont see many with a hard top and good luck finding the doors.

65falcon

Thanks, he actually already has everything to install T/S on it Im just not sure if I will put them on it. One of these days hope to have it painted with stars on it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both very nice jeeps! Every man should have a good jeep to run offroad, much more fun and interesting than ATVs...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks