• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1954 m37 markings

rookieM37

First off ,awesome site !! So , i recently traded a 85 honda motorcycle for a 54 m37. Runs and drives ,great shape for a wisconsin truck !! It was repainted and used as a fire truck ,and i would like to paint it military again . All i have to go by is the tailgate ,which was removed and untouched . How do i find out where it was used and which #s to put on the bumpers ? The tailgate says us army 2441308 . Thanks !!!

67Beast

It is very hard to track down that info, as the Army did not keep those records. The best way is to lightly sand down the paint on the bumper or rear bumperettes and hope that you can find them. Work slowly and you should see the difference in the colors which is usually the markings.

When you get ready to remark the truck, let me know or follow this link index and I'll help you out.

Pics are of sanding down the bumper on my M35 to find the unit markings, and then a pic of the paint masks ready to paint on my M37.

Attachments

mrcucv

My buddy picked up a 52 m37 not that long ago. We are in the process of restoring it. They are great trucks. Good luck with it and have fun

Mike_L

Congratulations! As mentioned, photos are always welcomed. And, they always give a nice reference point for later restorations.

If you haven't already, drop in to the M37 site (G741.org) and register the numbers. It might also give you an idea on what the markings may have been at one time though the trucks got swapped from unit to unit a bit during their life.