• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1956 M135 Fuel Pump PSI

hungryhungarianz

I need to know what pressure the old existing fuel pump runs at? I tested it with a 2-4 PSI fuel faccet pump but it does;nt seem to deliver enough fuel.

As i need to modify it and purchase a 24 volt electric. But how many psi should it be?

Thank you

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to know what pressure the old existing fuel pump runs at? I tested it with a 2-4 PSI fuel faccet pump but it does;nt seem to deliver enough fuel.

As i need to modify it and purchase a 24 volt electric. But how many psi should it be?

Thank you
Your going to do better finding information on your truck in the correct forum " The Early Deuce".

The Early Deuce

Post # 13 of this thread shows 6-8 PSI .

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?90110-24v-carter-fuel-pump-overhaul-M220/page2

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel pressure GPH G749

I can smell an M135 thread a mile away, Welcome to the round nose rotunda. Found the data on page 227 over here on 9-8024, https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106483-More-M135-TM-s

2 1/2 to 3 psi , 20 gph ...... We test them with a jerrycan safely secured to a mirror so they don't need a lot of juice. Too much juice and a poorly set float in the carb can let gas flow through an open valve. Sometimes just enough gas flows that when it gets a spark it'll blow the muffler off. Let's be careful out there and carry a large fire extinguisher in your pocket.

PC121331.jpg

hungryhungarianz

Thank you Porkysplace and M1010PlowBoy to your quick response i appreciate your help. Thank you for the link to the thread of the fuel pumps on steel soldiers.

I though i was going crazy. So i only need 2 - 3 psi then. ................I Will Be BACK!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks