• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1961 M422 Mighty Mite

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked bought this beauty, going to pick her up tomorrow. Runs and drives, only thing it really needs are the following:
1) Correct Seat Cushions and Covers
2) Tool box to replace the 50 cal ammo can that replaced the tool box behind the driver's seat.
3) Correct top bows, currently has modified M151 top bows.

jbayer

Just picked bought this beauty, going to pick her up tomorrow. Runs and drives, only thing it really needs are the following:
1) Correct Seat Cushions and Covers
2) Tool box to replace the 50 cal ammo can that replaced the tool box behind the driver's seat.
3) Correct top bows, currently has modified M151 top bows.
Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder...I don't see anything.

And as is usually said of such threads...

nopics

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, was in a hurry to get to a meeting... here you go. Also, needs 6.00x16s as it has 700s on it right now.

img_1719_ennvr9.jpgimg_1716_iwvlbt.jpgimg_1717_bvcfsu.jpgimg_1721_covwh1.jpg

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YAY! You rescued another Mite!!! :)

I'm surprised that it has the early windshield. I noticed a couple of things under the hood. It looks like the voltage regulator is newer/smaller than the one that's in my wife's Mite. Did M422A1's come with electronic voltage regulators? Regarding the hose from the air intake to the air filter - what is the hose made out of?

I have a favor to ask you. Could you please post pictures of the straps that you have on the passenger and driver side openings? I'd like to add them to my wife's Mite. I'm not sure how they mount behind the seats. Thanks! :)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would be happy to, as stated previously, I'm going to pick up tomorrow.

Regarding the regulator, will more than likely swap it out for the correct mechanical one. I have a pile of nice ones from years of collecting crap. The hose from the intake to the air cleaner looks like a radiator hose, which I will eventually swap out for the correct looking one. I'll get the pictures hopefully tmw for you. I did buy a M151A1 out of California the week before last and it's supposed to arrive today. Came with a trailer. Let me know what you think of this trailer....

PUE6CDw.jpg

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an original M416B1 (serial number 5XX) with a delivery date of 9-65. Might leave these tires on as I sorta like them. Need to fix a few oil leaks first.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont deal much in the smaller vehicles but this one sure looks like a very fine specimen!!! Congrats much on your find!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks