• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1966 Deuce without starter relay

Jkuecher@

I'm replacing the harness on my 1966 Duece does anyone have a diagram and/or pics of how the starter is wired. The diagram I have is for the starter with engine block mounted relay. My starter doesn't have that block mounted relay.

Jkuecher@

I was watching a video by Tactical Repair and He mentioned the bell style starter solenoid, which is what I have, doesn't use a block mounted relay. I have a picture of the style starter on my 1966 if you would like to see it.

davidb56

I was watching a video by Tactical Repair and He mentioned the bell style starter solenoid, which is what I have, doesn't use a block mounted relay. I have a picture of the style starter on my 1966 if you would like to see it.
so its built in or attached to the starter like a chevy? they would still wire the same. a wire to the solenoid relay and the + cable to the large post. probably a1 or 2 wires along with the + cable connection for accessory and panel power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks