• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1966 m50a2 water tanker new Mexico

ravendog

I'm having some issues with this little piggy, she has 12k and has been parked for a long-term. She started right up.my/her issues are:
1. Brakes. At first nothing. I topped off the master cylinder, no leaks. After 4 or 5 pumps brakes arrive. Is this a bleeding, air, or Combined problem?
2. Return injection lines are plastic and leaking. Can they be replaced with 1/4" copper or something else?
Code:
3.should the power take off
lever next to the driver's door behind the seat be all the way to the floor board to be in the off position? This one all the way back runs the rear . It doesn't move forward far enough to move the safety latch into place. Also the front drive shafts turns with the engagement lever in the in or out position, is this okay?
4.also I'm in need of parts, can Anyone out there Help me find my way there on this site without getting lost? I hope this makes it, thanks for helping me if you can. Ps. Name for the little piggy?

Ravendog

rustystud

First, never trust the odometer. They are changed out so much you never know what the actual mileage is. Second, your going to have to go through the brakes thoroughly before you start driving it. Safety first !
Third, the return lines are cheap and easy to replace. There are a lot of posts talking about this issue. Fourth, the linkage can all be adjusted for the winches and transfer cases. You need to start with the basics first before jumping into all the other stuff. Get the brakes working. Get the engine running good, then check out the lights (for legal reasons) . The suspension system is next, then body issues is last.
Welcome to the green machine disease !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks