• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 Mack M123A1C 10 ton Tank Transporter

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went looking for what a Sterling with chain drive actually is and came across a very nice thread with lots of pics including that of the chain drive. Amazing.

Her is the link with some pics made by the then new owner ;) ;) :)

Jeff, did it ever had a military history? If so, you could put her up for the next MV of the Month contest, it would be a no-contest walk-over.

Jeff Lakaszcyck

I went looking for what a Sterling with chain drive actually is and came across a very nice thread with lots of pics including that of the chain drive. Amazing.

Her is the link with some pics made by the then new owner ;) ;) :)

Jeff, did it ever had a military history? If so, you could put her up for the next MV of the Month contest, it would be a no-contest walk-over.
Thanks for that cool link lol ! Sterling built a lot of interesting trucks for the military during the war, including a huge dual chain drive wrecker for the Navy, but no trucks like my 1950 were built for the military. Unfortunately it is not eligible for MV of the Month, but thanks for the thought.

That_Cowboy

Hey y’all! I’ve got my eye on an M123 currently, it’s on the east coast and I’m on the west coast. Any idea how much that’d cost to ship/any trucking recommendations?😅 I know it’ll be a lot of money but I’ve always wanted one and it’d look perfect next to its little sibling, my M818.
Thanks

Dirt71

Hey y’all! I’ve got my eye on an M123 currently, it’s on the east coast and I’m on the west coast. Any idea how much that’d cost to ship/any trucking recommendations?😅 I know it’ll be a lot of money but I’ve always wanted one and it’d look perfect next to its little sibling, my M818.
Thanks
You are looking at somewhere between $3.00 and $4.00 per mile depending on the shipper you go with. Also you have to remove the outer dual's and quarter fender's other wise you have to permit it for over width so long as your 10 ton is an A1C but if it is an E2 you will also have to remove the diamond plate that is directly over the fuel tank's to get it under the legal width and of course pulling the mirror's in.

Another Ahab

Hey y’all! I’ve got my eye on an M123 currently, it’s on the east coast and I’m on the west coast. Any idea how much that’d cost to ship/any trucking recommendations? I know it’ll be a lot of money but I’ve always wanted one and it’d look perfect next to its little sibling, my M818.
Thanks
It's nice to be excited about something, That_Cowboy, so I sure do hope you figure out a way
to add to your growing family.

Please post a pic if you do. Good luck!

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Thanks
Good luck with your 10 ton search. They are great trucks. Shipping costs have at least doubled and sometimes tripled over the past year, so I would try to find one as close to home as possible. I just paid about $3.50 a mile to move mine so you could easily be looking at a 10K shipping bill to move one 3000 miles, plus doing all the work Dirt71 said to get it legal width to ship. Just make sure you go into this with your eyes open, and your wallet too !

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe some European thinking, but would it not be cheaper to put it on a train?

Also, where is the truck on the east coast. Since you are in Seattle, hopping it across the Canadian border and then shipping it by truck or by train might be cheaper. I do remember seeing al those flatbed trains with trailers on top of them going from east to west and back in Canada. Then is was cheaper than driving them, probably now even more so.

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Had the 10 ton out for a little sunshine and a test drive this week. Lots of sitting over the past few years didn't do the injection pump any favors, so I just had the injection pump overhauled and now she purrs like a kitten. I also replaced the tachometer as the old one locked up and took out the cable too. There are still lots of little things to do but we are gaining on it. Merry Christmas everyone !

Mack 1968 M123A1C 12-17-2022 (1).JPG Mack 1968 M123A1C 12-17-2022 (2).JPG Mack 1968 M123A1C 12-17-2022 (4).JPG

Another Ahab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks