• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 M35A2 Kaiser thermostat seal

RJ Price

I need to replace the thermostat seal and I'm having a hard time finding one. I remember reading a post that mentioned some part numbers but now I can't find it. Anybody buy one recently? Any suggestions on how to install it?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the thermostat seal is a great one to learn how to make a gasket yourself. The cast housing has sharp edges, making it easy to take a sheet of gasket material, laying it over and gently hammering along the edges to "cut" the shape out. Any thicker gasket material will do. You can hammer out the holes, use a hole punch or punch them out with the neck of a rifle cartridge. Spray with gasket spray and let dry before install. Voila...10 cent gasket made.

sharkhunter2018

I assume you are referring to the T-stat housing seal not the gasket. If so, part numbers are here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?26479-Changing-the-thermostat-questions/page3
Took me a while to find it. I replaced mine several years ago using the Carquest number and there were only two in the country according my stores computer. One was in NC the other Washington St. It was a PITA to remove the old one and just as much to install the new one.

RJ Price

I assume you are referring to the T-stat housing seal not the gasket. If so, part numbers are here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?26479-Changing-the-thermostat-questions/page3
Took me a while to find it. I replaced mine several years ago using the Carquest number and there were only two in the country according my stores computer. One was in NC the other Washington St. It was a PITA to remove the old one and just as much to install the new one.
Thank you! That's exactly the info I needed! Ordered the part from NAPA. Now I just need to install it in one piece....