• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 w300 Tele Maintenance Truck

citizensoldier

Sat for a year. I threw the battery in it, checked the fluids and she fired right up! with some choke of coarse:wink:.. lol.. Time to test that winch pulling some trees.. :grin: I would like to find some side doors for the box. I know its a long shot but like my daddy always said. "you can't catch any fish if you don't keep your bobber in the water!" He was reffering to woman but it can be used for many applications.. lol

Attachments

nattieleather

Nice looking truck. It looks like they might have done a modification for military light switch on the dash? I like the seats....some tells me they are not stock... :lol: rofl

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! It will be green again, right?
Really! I would have you pegged for the Strata Blue option
I would if it was AF.
That's an Air Force registration number but doesn't mean it didn't go to the Navy sometime after acceptance. Looks as though it was accepted in the same batch as the trucks belonging to the guy from Texas.
If it was a Navy number it would start with 94 (up to 10K GVW).

besides it looks kinda blue under the seabee green

citizensoldier

I don't have a Strata Blue truck yet and might warm up to it .. Not sure what color that OD Green is? Was there a Seabee green? Or is it faded 34087? Up till now anything but camo was considered eye pollution. It was Navy last ... soooooo... Grey? lol
Country!!!!!! That dump is SWEEEEET! gonna sell it? :jumpin:

Last edited:

citizensoldier

The seats are very comfortable and will probably stay but some canvas covers are in order. And yes I think they had a military switch hooked up but I am not sure. The fire department that had this was ..... well lets just say I took a garbage can of wire out of it and it was mostly cris crossed and zig zagged through the whole truck. It has a ground shut off on the front fender... I think the fire boys were a little worried about spontaneous combustion!:cookoo: It also has a locker of some sort in the rear. Tract Lock??

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a Strata Blue truck yet and might warm up to it .. Not sure what color that OD Green is? Was there a Seebee green? Or is it faded 34087? Up till now anything but camo was considered eye pollution. It was Navy last ... soooooo... Grey? lol
Country!!!!!! That dump is SWEEEEET! gonna sell it? :jumpin:
That is a sweet dump but i thought you are saving for the M123, M543A2 and M52A2 I looked at.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Don't need another wrecker, Have a M52A2, and the M123 is pretty much useless to me. I would have to work to hard to keep the tank full and it's not legal for road use without a stack of permits. You should purchase said tractor and wrecker! You would be able to pull your fancy trailer and lift stuff to set in it to fix! Like a LDS4651Ax2 I need rebuilt. Or better yet bring that up here so I can show you how to use them fancy tools..lol..

jasonjc

Those look like the old brush truck the VFD I was on had. Does the front compartment of the box open all the way across the box? This was before I got in to this OD stuff. If only I knew then what I know now.:roll:

citizensoldier

It originally went all the way across the front. The FD put a water tank in it and had oxygen tanks on a rack that you accessed from the drivers side. I took the rack out and will be grinding the welds and lift the tank out. It must have had some type of sliding cover at one time that covered the center section. It really is one tough rig you can just feel it when your driving it. I just could not cut the axles out from under it and scrap it. So in the Motor Pool it will go..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks