• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 deuce uneven power performance

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Can just use oil psi tubing an run it up in cab.

Yes in the cab would be perfect then you can see just the intank with truck off and when she is running you can check with motor running the IP lift pump pressures. You will need to put the line starting at the fitting between the two finals filters. You should see maybe 4-7 with motor off maybe 30 lb at motor idleing and maybe 75 at high idle. Myself I think it is just silly to place the gage on the tank.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think if you want to put anything on the tank pump fitting then put a fitting where you could quick hook or open it up and transfer fuel to another truck or can. If you put a T fitting on the finals then you can still bleed the system and have a gage in the cab where you can allways see it. With it on the finals as I said you will get three readings. Motor off, motor idle and high idle.

Last edited:

Mud Hugger

I didn't kniw the 24v in tank llift pump was capable of building 75 psi. I haven't looked into it for sure. If anything since its electric I thought the fuel psi from lift pump would drop at high idle or under load because your flowing more through fuel IP and the electric pump is a constant flow and psi.

Jeepsinker

I didn't kniw the 24v in tank llift pump was capable of building 75 psi. I haven't looked into it for sure. If anything since its electric I thought the fuel psi from lift pump would drop at high idle or under load because your flowing more through fuel IP and the electric pump is a constant flow and psi.
It doesn't. It supplies fuel to a mechanical booster pump on the side of the injector pump, which boosts pressure to around 70 psi

Mud Hugger

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself or change topic to much here but should I concider bypassing the FDC? I'm installing boost and pyro this week. Is it a good idea to just do or?? What are the pros and cons of bypassing it? I do just go for a Sunday drive once in awhile but I basically use myduece for a mule. Hauling material on and offroad.

Mud Hugger

It just limits power the way it is anyway.
im fine with gaining power as long as I can still haul a full load of firewood and not have to baby the right foot so I don't build to much heat. I've done my fair share of gen 1 and gen 2 Cummins pump upgrades but also know what they can handle. This multifuel is fun and reliable as is but more power is always welcome as long as it comes without fine print.

rustystud

I Can just use oil psi tubing an run it up in cab.

Yes in the cab would be perfect then you can see just the intank with truck off and when she is running you can check with motor running the IP lift pump pressures. You will need to put the line starting at the fitting between the two finals filters. You should see maybe 4-7 with motor off maybe 30 lb at motor idleing and maybe 75 at high idle. Myself I think it is just silly to place the gage on the tank.
It might seem silly to you, but to a mechanic it is a great diagnostic tool.

Mud Hugger

I'm just unsure if I want the mount a fuel psi guage perminately. I'm trying to find a clean looking place for it if I decide to. It's not like the Local parts stores have a pillar guage set for a m35 cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks