• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M35 Engine Tune Options....

arnettbros

I'm the new owner of a very nice 1971 Turbo diesel M35 that I purchased from GL, runs and drives amazing but I wish the truck had a lil more power. Are their any options out there for turning the HP up some? The engine is white I believe. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Flyingvan911

There aren't alot of options for the multifuel. You can turn up the fuel at the injector pump but be careful not to turn it up too high. The deuce was built to be a slow, powerful giant. It can go lots of places but not over 55 mph or so.

Murdawg

Boy, that's a valid response! Thanks for the contribution, surprised the moderator allows brainless responses to valid questions.
It was a joke. You really can't get more power out of them. Do a search first before asking your questions. There is a ton of information on the forum already. Once you read through the information on the site then post any questions you might have.

SasquatchSanta

The power can be turned up but beffore doing so you should install a pyrometer so you can monitor the exaust gas temperature (EGT). When you turn up the fuel the EGTs will increase. Aluminum melts at around 1221 degrees. Install the temp probe ahead of the turbo so you get an accurate temperature. The last thing you want to do is melt dows (and eat) a turbo.

Turning up the power makes a marked difference but you have to be careful. There are lots of posts on turning up the fuel. It's easy but do it a little at a time.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And even before you do the IP/Pyro make sure your Fuel and Oill filters are clean/new.
You won't go far or fast on a hungry horse!
But who would want to, you see and experience more going on a liesurely ride.:driver:

Also some inj. cleaner in the fuel, you don't know what gunk thay have run thru that truck.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power can be turned up but beffore doing so you should install a pyrometer so you can monitor the exaust gas temperature (EGT). When you turn up the fuel the EGTs will increase. Aluminum melts at around 1221 degrees. Install the temp probe ahead of the turbo so you get an accurate temperature. The last thing you want to do is melt dows (and eat) a turbo.

Turning up the power makes a marked difference but you have to be careful. There are lots of posts on turning up the fuel. It's easy but do it a little at a time.

What's up Erine. Good thing the pistons are not all aluminum but a alloy aluminum. Diesel engines can run mile after mile at 1200* with no problem.
We can even run up to 1250 no problem. It is after 1300* is a little hairy and getting close to problems. Just real important to know what true cylinder temps. are.

frodobaggins

Boy, that's a valid response! Thanks for the contribution, surprised the moderator allows brainless responses to valid questions.

We are a very lively and friendly lot most of the time, that will include joking around. Your attitude however is not tolerated very well. Lighten up man, and we will welcome you with open arms and try to help.

mikes47jeep

m35's are big and slow, if you want more speed or hp you need a diffrent truck

i do agree check your filters, they will rob alot of power if they are blocked

SasquatchSanta

What's up Erine. Good thing the pistons are not all aluminum but a alloy aluminum. Diesel engines can run mile after mile at 1200* with no problem.
We can even run up to 1250 no problem. It is after 1300* is a little hairy and getting close to problems. Just real important to know what true cylinder temps. are.
I try to stay below 1,200 because I like a lot of margin in my life. When I first installed the LDS engine it was turned up real loud and one day while pulling a grade I absent mindedly let the temps (pre-turbo) creep up to a little over 1,250. It was just for an instant but it scared the he!! out of me so now I keep some margin. Since then I've also turned the fuel way down. With the LDS I'm more concerned about frying some turbo blades than pistons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks