• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M35A2 injector problems

mikenpa

Hi Folks,
i took my deuce out for a drive this weekend and after getting back home, I let it idle for about 10 minutes, when I came back out it was missing real with puffs of white smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe!
How do you check out if I have a sticking injector, or did a head gasket go away?
Any thoughts would be great
Mike in Washougal Wa

marquardt2959

1971 M35a2 injector problems

I have had good luck with the product Hot Shot secret. I used it as a preventative measure, to get rid of sticktion on injectors and turbo. You can find out more at hotshotsecret.com. I used it on my 3 M35a2, all are 71 AM Generals.

dittle

Should be able to feel each injector with your hand and 1 or more of them will feel different than the other (clicking versus no clicking). If you had a laser thermometer you could shoot the exhaust manifold at each port and it will tell which piston isn't firing due to temp difference.

mikenpa

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the ideas! I was real tired last night as the M35A2 is a 1972 AM General!
Here is a photo of it and my M-105 Trailer when I was at Ft Stevens Or this August!
I will check out the truck this weekend!
Mike

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks