• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M35A2

toddm

I just bought it last September and love it. My neighbors even love the truck, I removed the Michelin tires that came on it and installed 7 G177 Goodyears which are almost brand new. I stuffed an extra spare in the bed, just in case I have more than one flat. Planning on taking it to Iola in 2008. Thanks Todd Martin

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! Always good to have a new Steel Soldier!

Glad to hear your neighbors like the truck! I just was talking to a new neighbor of mine, and she said that she, her husband, and her kids all thought my green iron collection was pretty cool! It's not common to hear that, so consider yourself lucky!

toddm

The truck is in storage until May 1st, I'm missing it already. But the snow has to stop around here first, I'm not going to drive it in the salt. Anyways I am one of those guys that plows the town roads and puts all that salt on the road. But the people in this area are used to having bare roads even after 15 inches of snow, so we use lots of salt. Even when I'm plowing I'm surprised by how many people just can't stay home until the storm is over and how many SUV's I see in the ditch. I understand that people have to get home from work but the roads are busy even at 9 at night. I do love the job though and have been doing it for 10 years. I use a 1992 Ford L-8000 with a 11 ft. front plow and a 8ft wing plow and it has just about 50,000 miles on it. Even though it's only a rear wheel drive, you put 10 tons of salt in the back and it will push any amount of snow. Sometimes you can't drive forward up a hill, so you have to back up salting all the way. It's not very fun when that happens, luckily it doesn't happen that often. Well just 4 more months of being on call and then I can get my Truck from storage and my son and I can enjoy it together. He is a freshman in High School and loves it when I pick him up from cross-country practice after school with the beast, it sure get's the looks!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's cool, my Dad and I always have a good time playing with my Deuce :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks