• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M811 with SEORTM

54reo

-Ok, as others have stated these are special bodies mounted to either trucks or trailers.

-I am the "other member" that Rory is referring to as far as the warnings on the hinges; it is NOT fun trying to catch one of the batwings and put it back up by hand!

-The manuals are quite easy to find online, a few members here have them for sale if I recall correctly.

-There is a fairly elaborate pole/tarp set-up that encloses the entire shop in it's expanded configuration. Good luck in sourcing the tarps, it took me a long time to find the two sets that I own. The OEM for the tarps wants what they charged the gov for them.

-Eric brings up plenty of good points; there are very few companies that can make profitable use of a set-up such as this. While they are very high on the cool scale, they are not very practical for the average guy wanting a quick "machine shop". The point being, they are only worth $$ to a few people. I have less than $5000 each in the ones I own, and they were more complete than this one as far as the BII goes (I am not putting the OP's truck down, just stating facts). So, Eric's offer is quite reasonable IMHO.

papercu

I've seen a couple sell, one was a stripped trailer type (generator was still mounted on the front) at a county aution for 5,000 and one mounted on a truck with some of the tools and a bad engine for around 20,000 from a DRMO. Both was some years ago so maybe the price has dropped. Wayne

54reo

I've seen a couple sell, one was a stripped trailer type (generator was still mounted on the front) at a county aution for 5,000 and one mounted on a truck with some of the tools and a bad engine for around 20,000 from a DRMO. Both was some years ago so maybe the price has dropped. Wayne
I have watched these sell (both trailer and truck mounted) anywhere from $600 to over $20,000 in every condition imaginable, all in the last 5 years. Most are in the $8000-$12,000 range. It obviously all depends on who is needing/wanting one at the time.

1z-bar

I picked up a M944A1 {newer verson with the allison trans. 1986} and I gave a little over 8,000 . Most of them have been selling {M944A1} between 10 and 15 for the running ones. I'll offer 6,000:D

1z-bar

I didn't get much with mine. What I really want for mine is the tent and polls. I am going to be taking mine to swap meets {Portland Ind. gas engine show}.

pacewagon

No it did not come with the poles or the tents. Someone asked if everything works? Not sure yet I just got it home last Thursday and have not had any time to test it. As far and the truck goes everything there seems to function perfectly. I picked it up at an auction at Western Michigan University. The paperwork I got with it shows that it came from the MI National Guard in Lapeer, MI. (I think 1995 was the last date on the papers). It was used by the Geology Department at WMU - which is probably what saved the contents of this truck. If their ROTC Dept. would have had it it probably would have been empty.

54reo

No it did not come with the poles or the tents. Someone asked if everything works? Not sure yet I just got it home last Thursday and have not had any time to test it. As far and the truck goes everything there seems to function perfectly. I picked it up at an auction at Western Michigan University. The paperwork I got with it shows that it came from the MI National Guard in Lapeer, MI. (I think 1995 was the last date on the papers). It was used by the Geology Department at WMU - which is probably what saved the contents of this truck. If their ROTC Dept. would have had it it probably would have been empty.
I have to admit, good detective work finding that one...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks