• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1978 Oshkosh 911 Tractor and 747 trailer

Dukw

I just recently finished the paint on my 911 Tractor and 747 trailer and I need some help with all the proper military stencil markings. Is there a book or good reference material out there?? I have looked for photos on line with no clear detail shots.
I did contact Rick Larson of military vehicle stencils and he no information on these trucks..
Thanks for the help.
Rob Reigle
Fenton, Mi,
maxincbal579@gmail.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Dukw

so heres the big question....what are you going to do with it?
I use it to move my M422 around.....
Also I have a XM-174 that a take to MV shows. Last year I was going to the St. Clare, Michigan, Military vehicle show and the trucker decided to cancel after he was 5 hours late! Never again. Rob

M920

I use it to move my M422 around.....
Also I have a XM-174 that a take to MV shows. Last year I was going to the St. Clare, Michigan, Military vehicle show and the trucker decided to cancel after he was 5 hours late! Never again. Rob
Well I think the M422 mighty might should be within the capacity of your rig but the XM-174 grenade launcher might be pushing the limits of what you can savely haul on your trailer......Lol
What an AWESOME truck and trailer.....the truck makes the 14.00 R 24 tires look like 11.00 R 20s.....!!! :beer:
I can supply pics for the correct markings of the M747 trailer if you need but don't have anything on the truck....

Soni

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no need to be a smart a$$ about it. its obviously a huge and exspensive truck. so i would assume if you going to get something THAT big vs getting a m920...then you must have a reason for it...

M920

no need to be a smart a$$ about it. its obviously a huge and exspensive truck. so i would assume if you going to get something THAT big vs getting a m920...then you must have a reason for it...
True.....:roll:

So what are you really hauling on this beautiful rig of yours Rob....?????

Soni

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WHY need a reason, if you can afford it, buy it, just like hemmt, how many really need 1. Like a lot of us, we dont need a reason for our MVs, other then we LIKE them. and if some of us won the LOTTERY, yes we would OWN a 911/747 combo, along with a 123/15a1 combo, along with every other BIG truck that we could find.

XanRa

WHY need a reason, if you can afford it, buy it, just like hemmt, how many really need 1. Like a lot of us, we dont need a reason for our MVs, other then we LIKE them. and if some of us won the LOTTERY, yes we would OWN a 911/747 combo, along with a 123/15a1 combo, along with every other BIG truck that we could find.
very true.... i beilieve someone one heres sig says "lord help me if i win the lottery"
then again i like setoyotas "i love my carbon footprint" lol

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter

But hemtts are flat out awsome.:D yes, many people (like me) dont have a real reason for owning MV's. and i hope to one day have an m916a1/m870 to use as my ''toy hauler''. but i mean come on, are those even road legal? and i think i read somewhere that they get less than 1 mile per gallon. i know what your saying, but i dont know..ill just keep my comments to myself.

jasonjc

Check the paint TM's they will tell you about the comom markings like tire presure (TP ***) tie down / lift piont at those spots fuel tank markings there should be a star on the front bumper. no step on the air intake.

And that truck looks great.

If you are looking for a factor look the marking should be black on the green and brown and green on the black. This would change in the middle of a word if it went across the color line.