• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1979 m35a2c hub flip and MRAP wheels

NDRoughneck

View attachment 680868View attachment 680867View attachment 680866Just finished this up. Glad for all the advice here on the forum.. ++1 on the press to get the studs in and out. I pretty much ruined my brass oilfield sledge hammer. I finished the studs with a press.
I got these wheels from Rogers in Ohio. They were brand new in the box. Just needed to install the adapters. Used a 1" impact for those. The studs are #5 1x3 with crimp nut, torqued to about 350ft lb.
I originally mounted these tires on stock rims. And after my first flat, decided to go to the proper rim.
If I can give any advice, Don't install these tires on stock wheels, especially if you plan on mrap wheels in the future. Just do it all at once. It's a PITA to do this job twice especially for us old farts.:drool: