• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1982 chevy diesel man xmission donor

2deuce

I thought 350 and 6.2 have the same bolt pattern. If not finding a 6.2 4spd combo will be alot harder. Can sombody please confirm.

Thanks

truck0590

It is the same bellhousing bolt pattern. However, some have stated there is a difference in the starter depth of the diesel vs gas starters.

Truck

AJMBLAZER

Bolt pattern is the same, bellhousing is different as far as the mounting parts go.

The hydraulic clutch is prefered to the mechanical clutch also because if you twist the truck up offroad the mechanical linkage will bind and can go out of adjustment, even break. Hydraulic doesn't do this.

Greenhorn

Change of plan. I did buy the 1982 chevy for parts. After looking at it I determined it had a bit more use as a farm truck. Not as ugly as I first thought with very minor surface rust and a few dents. I have purchased a nv4500 rebuilt 5 spd transmission. I debated if I should go with the mechanical or hydraulic cluch. It seems the decision has been made for me. I talked with the rebuilder after it was delivered to me about how the hydraulic cylinder would be mounted. He said that there is a different imput for the hydralic setup. Do not know if that is correct but will find out. The plan now is to get a new cluch assy and used pedals and linkage. Then I'll get moving on the swap out. Will post pics during this process​

Greenhorn

Almost being the operative word. I'm not certain which yr it is however a friend thought it was an early model. 6 mounting bolts I think he said. How can I tell? The length of this xmission is very close to the auto 3spd which will be removed. The biggest challenge is to get all the right pieces on hand prior to teardown so that once started we can continue with no further delay.

ODdave

by almost i mean the hole in the floor is in a lil difernt spot than the 4 speed....... early and late has to do w/ your bellhousing and slave cyl config. i will post pics aft work of the diferences. i dont know what hes talking about with the 6 holes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks