• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 HEMTT Expedition Vehicle

jesusgatos

Interesting. Looks like they're going to tie to box into the cab? Wonder how they're going to account for the chassis twisting and flexing? Looks cool though. Sometimes I wish I would have built my motorhome out of a 5-ton (or bigger). But past a point, the size of these trucks really start to limit where you can take them.

srodocker

yea...thing i notice is it says go green on it...yea i see the solar panels on top but what about the big engine? im not a green person by anymeans but was just curious hahah

jesusgatos

yea...i notice is it says go green on it...
Check out the ecoroamer. Bio-diesel? Solar-panels? Recycled materials used to make the cabinets and countertops? Eco my ass. Why call something like that anything other that what it is, which is a badass motorhome. Go adventuring. Have a ball. If you can do it more efficiently, right on. But stop apologizing for it. It's just nonsense.

CanalZoneJon

Where can we get a HEMT?

Are the HEMT's available in GL or some other auction? That might be a stupid question, since it's an osh kosh unit, but I don't know if the US bought any. If they are available, what do they run?

THanks! and I AM LOVING THE FORUM!! WHOOOO HOOO My wife is sooooo scared! hahahha

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they rarely show up on GL. the last one i saw on there sold for just under $25,000. and it would take at least another $25,000 to fix it up. a nice one will run $60,000+

I see they have an International 7400 crew cab truck they are turning into an expedition vehicle. I sure hope the person buying this IHC brings a set of injectors and knows how to troubeshoot multi plex electrical problems along the trail. Those trucks have a hard time running in a clean, smooth road environment. At least it's an 06 so it' doesn't have a DPF but you still have IHC's troubesome EGR valves and junk variable vane turbo that can leave you stranded. I'd stick to the simplistic mechanical, non emissionized diesels we all love.

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks