• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 M1009 cucv

Huertam96

I have some confusion that I’d like to clear. I’ve heard from a lot of people when it comes to replacing components that the truck takes K30 components and K5 component's. How true is this because I don’t wanna order the wrong parts.

D6T

So when I go to autozone or orielys I can just look up parts by tell them the year and that’s it’s a CUCV ?
I wouldn’t muddy the waters by getting into any further detail beyond “it’s a 1984 K5 Blazer, J code diesel”. That’s all a competent parts counter person needs to hear to help you. I’ve sent my wife to get parts on more than one occasion and that works for her.

Starting down the path of explaining what a CUCV is and how yours may not have been manufactured in 1984 will just confuse most people. Of course, if the parts person is interested in knowing I’d offer to explain, but in my experience it just confuses the non-enthusiast and makes the transaction difficult.

Huertam96

I wouldn’t muddy the waters by getting into any further detail beyond “it’s a 1984 K5 Blazer, J code diesel”. That’s all a competent parts counter person needs to hear to help you. I’ve sent my wife to get parts on more than one occasion and that works for her.

Starting down the path of explaining what a CUCV is and how yours may not have been manufactured in 1984 will just confuse most people. Of course, if the parts person is interested in knowing I’d offer to explain, but in my experience it just confuses the non-enthusiast and makes the transaction difficult.
I appreciate the info, some YouTube videos I would look up would mention this had K30 parts maybe it was a conversion but I wouldn’t have known since I’m new to the truck. I recently bought a cucv this year. I want to pretty much rebuild it.

nyoffroad

I appreciate the info, some YouTube videos I would look up would mention this had K30 parts maybe it was a conversion but I wouldn’t have known since I’m new to the truck. I recently bought a cucv this year. I want to pretty much rebuild it.
The K30 would be a truck, not the Blazer. Unless someone swapped axles you want all Blazer stuff.
You can tell easy nuff, just count the lug nuts, Blazer has 6 the K30 has 8.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks