• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 M1009 Value?

Gloaf

Friends:

I have a 1984 M1009, acquired well over a decade ago from Ft Campbell Kentucky. I haven't driven it much over the past few years, and it has about 40,000 miles on it now. Its a southern (Georgia) vehicle. I have no idea of the value of these things anymore, because I have not been on this board very much in years and only then (more recently) to get ideas on how to fix things. I have done things to keep it in good battery, such as twin 1000 A/H batteries, new Detroit rear end, new dash, new front end steering parts, new radiator, heater core, hoses, belts and windshield. I have 33x12.50's on it. I have also done a few upgrades: the warthog starter solenoid upgrade, bedliner, new front and back receiver hitches (for warn winches, towing my tin boats, etc) . The exterior still has the original NBC paint on it although I have touched it up in a few spots, and painted the receiver hitches to (sorta) match instead of their OEM gloss black. It runs like a top. We will be moving soon, and I need to make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

My question is, what do these things go for these days? I know what I have in it, but will guess that is lower than the FMV.

Any info gratefully appreciated.

INFChief

Friends:

I have a 1984 M1009, acquired well over a decade ago from Ft Campbell Kentucky. I haven't driven it much over the past few years, and it has about 40,000 miles on it now. Its a southern (Georgia) vehicle. I have no idea of the value of these things anymore, because I have not been on this board very much in years and only then (more recently) to get ideas on how to fix things. I have done things to keep it in good battery, such as twin 1000 A/H batteries, new Detroit rear end, new dash, new front end steering parts, new radiator, heater core, hoses, belts and windshield. I have 33x12.50's on it. I have also done a few upgrades: the warthog starter solenoid upgrade, bedliner, new front and back receiver hitches (for warn winches, towing my tin boats, etc) . The exterior still has the original NBC paint on it although I have touched it up in a few spots, and painted the receiver hitches to (sorta) match instead of their OEM gloss black. It runs like a top. We will be moving soon, and I need to make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

My question is, what do these things go for these days? I know what I have in it, but will guess that is lower than the FMV.

Any info gratefully appreciated.
Pictures would help visualize the condition. If the body is straight and the frame is good then it’s got to be worth a minimum of $10,000 and maybe upwards of $20,000. Can you post some pictures to give it justice?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Michigan winters are rough on vehicles just like NYS. My folks lived in Newberry, UP. Where are you?
I'm in mid michigan near the Saginaw Bay . But there are a lot that are not driven year round . People may be asking 20K on ebay ,
but I doubt that very few actually sell for that even if they show sold .

INFChief

I'm in mid michigan near the Saginaw Bay . But there are a lot that are not driven year round . People may be asking 20K on ebay ,
but I doubt that very few actually sell for that even if they show sold .
You might be right. But there’s that one guy out there that has to have one.

cucvrus

Pictures would help visualize the condition. If the body is straight and the frame is good then it’s got to be worth a minimum of $10,000 and maybe upwards of $20,000. Can you post some pictures to give it justice?
This is all good to know as I am doing a full restoration on 2 right now. I see the scrap bringing $10K. I want to build a game changer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks