• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 m1010 Glow Plugs?

leisman7

Searched through the forums for ths answer and came up with the wellman 070, 13g's to be the best glow plugs to get my m1010 breathing. Am i correct in saying this? Shoot me straight please

xenocath

searching.............
I have wellmans in my truck they work fine as far as i can tell however they will swell. i just helped a buddy pull his wellmans yesterday and most of his were swollen it is said the ac 60s are better. i have been searching threads all morning and not coming up with any conclusive brand being better than the other yet.

lavarok

Same glow plugs are used in the M1008, M1009, M1010, M1031.....all the CUCV 6.2L engines.

Welman 070 or Delco 13G are the correct plugs with the proper terminal. The 60G plugs do not have the proper spade connector.

If you cant find the proper plugs locally, Ebay has them.

1986Blazerk5

Thanks, with the ac 60s are you going to need to modify the original connections on the truck?
I would highly recommend the ac 60's there are so much better, the connectors on the truck are too small for the ac 60's so you will need to cut and strip the wire and put different connectors on, not that big of a deal sense the ac 60's are so much better

baddy3

AC 60Gs are real good they only take a little longer to heat up, bosch duratherm 80034-0 250 202 126-35T are of same or even better quality,they heat in about 6 seconds, but cost almost double......

usmcpatriot

My bro Buck {SS Member} helped me pull the old Wellmans, As far as I know, the AC60g Delco are self regulating and should take more abuse. Make sure you have the proper equipment to remove the GPs, and lube alittle oil to the new ones....As far as connectors I replaced the fusable link wire and connectors from the 10g wire from the GPR using 1/4 inch connectors to the AC60gs RUNNING LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!!

Hasdrubal

I've had the AC 60G's for 5 years now..they are definitely the way to go, had the odd one fail but at least they dont swell up like those horrible 13G's used to. I dont even think you can get the 13G's anymore, as they are discontinued. I have manual glow push button. The 60's take twice as long to heat up as the wait light indicates.. so in summer if the light goes out after 5 seconds, I give em 10 and the winter its wait light 10 sec, burn for 20.

leisman7

I've had the AC 60G's for 5 years now..they are definitely the way to go, had the odd one fail but at least they dont swell up like those horrible 13G's used to. I dont even think you can get the 13G's anymore, as they are discontinued. I have manual glow push button. The 60's take twice as long to heat up as the wait light indicates.. so in summer if the light goes out after 5 seconds, I give em 10 and the winter its wait light 10 sec, burn for 20.
Thanks, what do you mean you have a manual push button?