• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 CUCV Gen 2. Right side isolated ground alternator

HDTWIN68

Does anybody have the GM part number for the right side isolated ground alternator or a source to purchase one? Previous owner installed a regular 12v alternator and hosed the wiring up. Thanks for any help.

MarcusOReallyus

Check with member TOW4. He sells rebuild kits, and I think he may have what you need to not only rebuild it, but convert a standard one to isolated ground.

If you don't want to go that route, search for "isolated ground Delco 27". I just did that and turned up an Amazon listing. I have no clue if the seller is reputable, but it shows they are out there.

By the way, You don't have an 86. You have an 84. The Army didn't want the hassle of dealing with model year changes in their supply chain, so they required them all to be built to 84 specs. When you need parts, you want 1984 parts, no matter if your truck was built in 84, 85, or 86.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the GM part numbers is 1105500. Another number is 10459234. Original numbers for both sides.

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy a new Wilson 27Si from NAPA, Wilson #90-01-4277. I bought 2 of ‘em for my P400 engine build. They are not rebuilt units, but new through and through.

Skinny

I think the only difference is the plastic washers on the ground connection inside. You can convert what you have.

Or just put your standard alternator in the 12v position and put the isolated ground on the 24v position.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the only difference is the plastic washers on the ground connection inside. You can convert what you have.

Or just put your standard alternator in the 12v position and put the isolated ground on the 24v position.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
thats-brilliant-zl0ex4.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks