• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 K5 - M1009 Glow Plug Resistor Bypass

JoeJoe_91

I’ve read the posts, so I know the basics of what needs to be done. I just wanna be sure I don’t fry anything. Truck gives me hell when starting, I assumed glow plugs or something. I had my hand resting above the resistor, when I moved my hand hit the wire on the passenger side of the resistor. I took the positive wire off the slave receptacle and ran it from the front battery to the GP relay.
My question is will this work until I can get a Mega Fuse OR Circuit Breaker, or will it fry something? It takes about 6 tries to get it to crank @ 15 seconds a try.

Attachments

joshuak

I’ve read the posts, so I know the basics of what needs to be done. I just wanna be sure I don’t fry anything. Truck gives me hell when starting, I assumed glow plugs or something. I had my hand resting above the resistor, when I moved my hand hit the wire on the passenger side of the resistor. I took the positive wire off the slave receptacle and ran it from the front battery to the GP relay.
My question is will this work until I can get a Mega Fuse OR Circuit Breaker, or will it fry something? It takes about 6 tries to get it to crank @ 15 seconds a try.

Dirty Harry.png

Even if you do, just fuse it! Only my two cents, which today is free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks