• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 M1008 block heater question

dodger73

I have a 1986 M1008. It has a permanent battery tinder, oil pan heater & factory coolant heater. Thought we had unplugged the oil pan & coolant heaters & plugged in the battery tinder yesterday but when I went out to the truck today I realized the coolant heater was still plugged in. Checked the overflow and it was completely empty but pulled the radiator cap and it was almost completely full. There are no sign of any leaks externally, exhaust, etc..... It was in the 30's last night and in the 70's today. Is it possible that the heater cooked the coolant off? Thank you

nyoffroad

No, the heater just dosn't have the power to do that (1500 watts IIRC) Years ago I used to plug in a civvie truck when I got home at night and left it plugged in sometimes all weekend with no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks