• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1009 Problems with the voltmeter

m1009SouthHessen

Hey guys,
the german rookie is back xD

i need your help, the german forum can´t help me

i´ve got an wire fire ( i think that word isn´t existing, but i think you know what i mean)
i changed all of the broken wire and fuses.
the engine is still running
Gen I + Gen II bulbs are working
Voltmeter doesn´t work
Gen (I?) at driveside got to little output
Gen (II?) got to much output
the exciting current at the brown kabel doesnt work

i have no idea what is wrong

sry for my englisch i hope you understand it and somebody would help me

sunny, cold greetings from germany

319cssb

Hello to Germany.
There is a wire connecting the left to the right alternator. I believe that on my truck the original cable was broken as the previous owner bypassed it. But checking for continuity in that wire going from left to right would be something i would check.

The voltmeter has a resistor on it. If it is open or damaged the meter won't work. But first check the fuse for the voltmeter at the fuse panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks