• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1009

Scarecrow1

You did a great job on the truck it looks like a professional job . Beware of the NG markings I'm not sure but I don't think it's allowed bear those markings. But I could be wrong

You did a great job on the truck it looks like a professional job . Beware of the NG markings I'm not sure but I don't think it's allowed bear those markings. But I could be wrong
Have not had any problems and where would such a law be located? I think this falls under its my truck and I can paint it anyway I want to!! I drive it on base everyday and everyone loves it!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1 gallon did 2 entire coats? Wow.

Truck looks great. Nothing looks like real CARC.

Edit: re-read post and realized no priming. Ooops.

sawgunner1

Nice!

That is one nice paint job!

Did you have to do anything special to get the proper cosistancy? Also, what kind of sprayer/compressor combo did you use?

I sprayed it in the autoshop here on base they have a paint booth you can rent for 75$ a day. I used their gun to spray it. I used a military type II reducer. Thats how I got two coats out a gallon. I even had some left that I took to a guy here locally that made 3 cans a spray paint out of it for touch up.

woopyass

That looks awesome. I just bought an 86 1008 thats setup as a plow truck, and i'll be doing all of the body work and now using the same paint. I love this forum. Do you guys know what they used for the black,and brown colors?

Here are the paint codes. The Shermin Williams manager had to jump through some hoops to get it. They have to have it shipped from their Chemical Coatings Department. They charged me 65.00 for the paint and 16.99 for the reducer plus shipping. I used type 1 reducer R91K20. The CARC was Type II MIL-DTL-5309C. The codes are F93G106 for 383 green and F93N108 for 383 brown. Ask and they can give you a printed direction sheet. Thats what I'm pulling this info off. I do not have their code for black, it's not on this sheet. It will give you all the information you need to paint it such as pressures, drying etc. It sure beats the stupid price that MIL SPRAY offers. Hope this helps.

FS595B Color
Green 383 34094
Desert Tan 686 33446
Black 37030
Brown 383 30051

Last edited:

ssgtwright-usmc

Here are the paint codes. The Shermin Williams manager had to jump through some hoops to get it. They have to have it shipped from their Chemical Coatings Department. They charged me 65.00 for the paint and 16.99 for the reducer plus shipping. I used type 1 reducer R91K20. The CARC was Type II MIL-DTL-5309C. The codes are F93G106 for 383 green and F93N108 for 383 brown. Ask and they can give you a printed direction sheet. Thats what I'm pulling this info off. I do not have their code for black, it's not on this sheet. It will give you all the information you need to paint it such as pressures, drying etc. It sure beats the stupid price that MIL SPRAY offers. Hope this helps.

FS595B Color
Green 383 34094
Desert Tan 686 33446
Black 37030
Brown 383 30051
This needs to be added in the CUCV (FAQ) thread.

zoo

Good lookin truck Lt.
Ijust bought a all carc brown m1009.Gonna try to get with sawgunner from knoxville and do some touch up on his and get mine to proper camo speck.
Thanks for the paint info.verry helpfull.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks