• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 AM General

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Hello people. I'm looking for some opinions on this truck and the current market value. Let me make a statement first: I know very little about these trucks. So far my MV life is a M151A1, M151A2 and a recently purchased M221. A friend has this truck and I find myself interested. As posted, he's telling me it's a 1987. Has 47k for miles and is titled in PA. Says it's mechanically sound, everything works, non bubbafied. As stated, I'm interested in general opinions and estimated value of truck. Thank you.

104662.jpeg104660.jpeg104656.jpeg

Guy

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck most likely has a three speed tranny. It is two door. Probably 6.2 engine.

I wouldn’t spend over $10-12k

Reactions: NDT

springer1981

That’s my old truck. Didn’t know Chris was selling it. It’s a great truck
Tell us more about it! Is it still a 6.2 3spd?

If it is a 6.2 3spd (likely), with soft top and soft doors, not frills, no air lift bumper, tire carrier, winch, etc.... Less than $10K IMO.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stance looks good.. Did it have a 2" coil spacer on spring mount ?? Looks nicely leveled....
No it came out of Ft Polk and was an active truck at the JRTC until just before I got it. 6.2/3spd but the best riding/driving one is ever been in. Somehow they had it “just right”. Chris is a good friend of mine and wanted a good truck. Hated to see her go. Whoever buys this will be very happy. I drive that truck all over NC /SC/GA.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it came out of Ft Polk and was an active truck at the JRTC until just before I got it. 6.2/3spd but the best riding/driving one is ever been in. Somehow they had it “just right”. Chris is a good friend of mine and wanted a good truck. Hated to see her go. Whoever buys this will be very happy. I drive that truck all over NC /SC/GA.
My #1 came out of JRTC at Ft Polk, it also drives and rides very nice, seems to be happy buzzing along at 65 or so..

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the input guys. I purchased the truck. Going on vacation next week and then have to get my 151A2 ready for the Weare, NH show at the end of July. Have some small issues that need to be addressed on the A2. I won't be able to do much with the "new" truck until August. I'll download manuals and do fluid changes, etc. before driving. Oh, also found out the truck is an '88 according to the title.

Guy

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Don't make a move without the pubs. Especially the lubrication order. Military HUMVEES have many more grease points than a civilian one. Neglect them at your own peril.
Yes, I will absolutely review info and look everything over. As an owner of a 151 A2, I know that the grease gun is my friend. Thank you for the post.

Guy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks