• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1988 Humvee Project: Installed my "Bed Divider" today.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As to cutting I think we are both talking about the bulkhead divider or wall. Four man versions are scarce so you cut and weld a two man longer version. I have the repop side or fender brackets that a member sells here and they are very nice. I also found some weatherstrip material at Home Depot that I think will work. I want this thing waterproof when done.

therooster2001

1988 Humvee Project: Installed my "Bed Divider" today.

Ok, I got the flashing in today. It's pretty stout, so what I was hoping for. As some had stated it's a little short, but nothing silicone won't fix. In the end it would be the raised portion that is a bit short. so not a big deal. For $77 it's still a lot for a piece of aluminum, but it's way better than $125. I'll post picts when it goes in, but you've probably already seen installed versions.

Picts!

IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0274.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg

Last edited:

ohiohmmwv

Ok, I got the flashing in today. It's pretty stout, so what I was hoping for. As some had stated it's a little short, but nothing silicone won't fix. In the end it would be the raised portion that is a bit short. so not a big deal. For $77 it's still a lot for a piece of aluminum, but it's way better than $125. I'll post picts when it goes in, but you've probably already seen installed versions.

Picts!

View attachment 730897
View attachment 730898
View attachment 730899
View attachment 730900
View attachment 730902
Anyone know why the factory trim was made to seal out water but not all the way to the edges? Was it designed to have the water flow down the corners along side the fenders and back of rear seat instead of fully sealing?

Action

Anyone know why the factory trim was made to seal out water but not all the way to the edges? Was it designed to have the water flow down the corners along side the fenders and back of rear seat instead of fully sealing?
This is s covi part. There would be other pieces involves. Maybe the gap is to fit around the bulkhead brackets.

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
Resurrecting an old thread in case someone has the length of the 4 man divider so I can cut down and do this install too... I've got the 2 man divider just taunting me.

DREDnot

Id give you the measurements of mine, but someone in the long, long ago cut mine down from a two man and it was too long still to fit in the correct brackets. I fabbed my brackets from 18 g stainless and they are snug.

DSCN8630.JPG

DSCN8606.JPG

I would measure the width of your bed, and subtract 1/2". The GI brackets looked to me to be 1/4" thick aluminum (x2)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks