• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1989 M923A2 MRAP Aluminum Wheels.

Brutus Brent

These are Hutchinson wheels and after a few emails I was able to get a copy of the drawings along with the specific information to cut the lug nut seats on the back side of the wheels. The seats are ball and not tapered. I got lucky and found the bit on ebay and borrowed a magnetic drill and started cutting away. Thanks for the likes!

Special T

These are Hutchinson wheels and after a few emails I was able to get a copy of the drawings along with the specific information to cut the lug nut seats on the back side of the wheels. The seats are ball and not tapered. I got lucky and found the bit on ebay and borrowed a magnetic drill and started cutting away. Thanks for the likes!
So all you had to do was put the correct taper on the bolt holes and it lined up?

I haven't seen an aluminum m rap wheel up close. Do you have any closeup pics of the wheels with the ball seat? I'm guessing most of the work came from polishing up those wheels. That's a ton of work but they look **** good!
Yes Sir, its different any way and a lot of work to get the wheels to work.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought most, if not all mrap variants where a bigger bolt circle? Guess thats what I get for thinking....

Tornadogt

Pretty sure they are off of Early Caimans, which was on FMTV axles. So the pattern is the same but they are only tapered for the lug nuts on one side

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure they are off of Early Caimans, which was on FMTV axles. So the pattern is the same but they are only tapered for the lug nuts on one side
Anyone know if those wheels are still 10" wide? They look at little wider to me. I'm looking for a wheel around 11" to get me to the 34,000 legal max on my rear tandems. Indiana gives you 800 lb per inch of wheel.

M925A2 with dump hoist

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever get to try them out? I've been curious how the Sand tails would handle weight, due to the low air pressure. I have a strictly off road job in the future that I once considered them for, until I saw the max tire pressure...

M925A2 with dump hoist

tobyS

Did you ever get to try them out? I've been curious how the Sand tails would handle weight, due to the low air pressure. I have a strictly off road job in the future that I once considered them for, until I saw the max tire pressure...

M925A2 with dump hoist
No, not yet. And you're right about the tire pressure issue. 26# is not very high. I was going to use them on an M51A2 but that fell through.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know if you ever go to sell the wheels, thats exactly what I'm looking for!

M925A2 with dump hoist

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks