• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1990 M923A2 purchase questions

Cutterman1973

As you can all see I am a 100% noob to the site. Been trolling awhile and have admired bobbed deuce and 5tons for some time. I completely forgot about the auction yesterday but see there is another and a few of the trucks are within 150 miles of me. I saw that a bunch of these trucks went for 2000-2500. Is there an real unknowns that you can warn me of other than the obvious that "everything is unknown"? What I mean is they seem awfully cheap especially this close to home. I have even thought about converting one into a round bale hauling truck. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfen

Inspect the Truck I person or have someone else do it for you and take Pictures so if you win the Auction and something disappears or is damaged before you take possession you will have proof to file a Claim.

Cutterman1973

My biggest question is are these things in general in pretty decent shape in accordance with the description and assessments? Am I looking at the right rigs to do a bob to?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have been trolling for a while then you know that anything can go wrong and frequently does and that someone sooner or later is going to tell you to use search (Google or advanced) because recovering a truck has been covered and uses for a truck as well. (Even hauling hay.)

Start there.

sd39u

If this is gonna be your first truck...I'd suggest getting one that runs. The GovPlanet descriptions are pretty good, and the guys at Ft Riley are real decent. If they say the truck won't start, it won't start. That being said. I've had my first truck for 2 weeks...already need a new muffler!!!

Eric

wbread99

Definitely pre-inspection. I got to inspect and play with the one I eventually won. Our DRMO and GL people are great. Of the 8 trucks and a M103-series trailers that went up, I got to hand pick the one of each I wanted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks