• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1991 klr 250 side car m1030

greasemonkey94

ok so I got this bike that I posed a thread about earlier completely finished. its pretty and only has 162 miles on it and no I didn't mistype that 162 original miles. but I wanted to make it cooler since I cant bring myself to modify the actual bike. I want to make a sidecar for it. I know the military did experimental or prototype side cars for these and even used some for machine gun platforms. does anybody know anything about these. plans for one would also be helpful, any information really I want to make one as close to the original ones as possible.

gungearz

Side cars on motocross bikes are extremely big news in Europe... A buddy of mine from Russia used to race side cars there with his son as the passenger.... Should look into it...

greasemonkey94

exactly what I want MWMULES I would love for mine to look exactly like that. and gungearz ill look into that thanks. I mainly want to make one because side cars cost so much i could buy a small car cheaper

B3.3T

The Netherlands is the center of side car motocross in Europe. Its big and serious there. But I would not suggest one on only a 250. Its a lot of drag and unless you are just putting around, I would suspect overheating problems.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this pic of the Bultaco about 15 years ago at AMA Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio Raceway.

sidecar00001.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks