• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1992 Davey MC-7 Unloader Help

OldDieselCompressor

Hello All,
This is my first post here, looking for some guidance with some issues I'm having with my compressor. I bought this compressor in 17' and fixed a lot of little issues over the years to keep it running and functional. Use it mainly to run a blasting pot for restoration projects.
However recently I've been having issues with the unloader on the compressor not functioning.

Normally at an idle the unit builds up to operating pressure and bleeds off excess pressure, now the unit will not do this and the safety popoff opens up and causes the compressor to try to keep up. This also effects the shutdown as if I don't pull the safety popoff to release air the compressor pukes oil back up through the rotors and out the air filter.

I have a digital manual I bought for this unit a few years ago but its very vague and offers little info on the compressor. Looking for a little insight on where to start with this issue.

1d3ca915-9fb5-403e-959e-aca818e33336.jpg6fa2d140-9af7-4ccc-a16e-ec04081924d8.jpg36ebc50f-b411-45e4-9cc1-bd29042a0ef4.jpg5fa51b9d-0839-4770-b396-bb2a9f9878b1.jpg

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might need to check the solenoids that activate the unloader valve. Not familiar with this unit but sometimes these go bad on some compressors. Also the minimum pressure check valve might need cleaning/lube with lithium grease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks